Interested in volunteering? We’re looking for passionate and committed individuals who are a part of or allied with the English-speaking LGBTQ+ community to join our diverse team!
- Make a difference in the lives of queer and trans youth
- Experience personal growth/satisfaction
- Connect with a good cause
- Be a part of something positive for the community
- Instil a value of giving/caring
- Gain marketable, job-related skills
- Have fun, meet new people, network
To volunteer with the SILK program, all volunteers are required to fulfill a comprehensive weekend training course on workshop management and facilitation. We value diversity and encourage members of traditionally underrepresented groups to volunteer.
The next training is scheduled for October/November 2017. To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Eligible candidates will be asked to meet for an interview with the CAEO Exec and a pre-interview questionnaire will be sent out during your interview booking process.
*Please note that all volunteers are required to pass a background check and will be asked to submit an application to the SPVM during training. There are no fees related to this process.
**Please note that we are no longer considering applications for the November 2016 training. Any applications received will be considered for future trainings. Thank you!